Monday, August 6, 2007

Our Last Hoorah






I am just over 31 weeks now and feeling great! However, I am almost to the point where I cannot travel anymore so Alex and I took our 2nd (and last) babymoon vacation last week - this time was to Colorado (the first was Mexico). We spent a couple of days with his aunt and uncle at their place in Brush, about an hour east of Denver, his parents and our niece. We relaxed quite a bit, Alex played some golf, and we enjoyed spending quality time with family. We left Brush and headed for heaven - FINALLY, the mountains I have been craving for so long! A friend of mine was generous enough to let us stay in his condo for the week which sat at the bottom of the ski slopes in the quaint ski village of Keystone. The weather was amazing, especially coming from 100 degrees here in Dallas!!! The days were in the low 70's and nights in the upper 40's. We spent three days enjoying the sites and getting in plenty of hiking - 21 miles in 3 days - and the hiking trails were fantastic! The views were breathtaking, especially at 11,000+ ft! I was in my element and loving every minute of it. After our stay in Keystone, we drove to Boulder for our last day and night in Colorado. I haven't been back in 5 years and it has changed quite a bit. We met up with friends for lunch at my favorite pizza place, The Sink, and spent the day walking Pearl Street and playing at the creek. We attended the Marc Broussard & Toby Lightman concert at the Fox Theater on The Hill that night - it was incredible! Sadly, we had to get up and leave the next morning. It was hard as always to say goodbye. I look forward to another trip to the mountains, but next time we will have a baby boy to bring with us!

No comments: