Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Florida Vacation



My mom, sister and I took the boys to Florida to visit my mom's family and attend my cousin Alexis' baby shower. This was Colt's first trip on a plane and Brooks' third but first since he started walking. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous about the flight!



I got Brooks dressed up really cute in his white pants and argyle shirt and of course he decided to play in the mud before we got in the car for the airport. So, his nice white pants were brown with mud. Oh well, boys will be boys!



We attended Alexis' beautiful shower on Saturday. This his her first baby, a girl, so she was showered with amazing and adorable little girl gifts - lots of pink! She is absolutely glowing and looks beautiful pregnant. Little Kira is due in August.





We spent every night with family just having dinner and good conversation. We don't get to see our family very often so any time we see one another is very special. This is the first time my Aunt Paula and my cousins have met Colt so that made the trip extra special.



On Sunday we celebrated my sister's birthday by spending some time at the beach. Brooks hadn't been to the beach since we were last in Florida and he was 6 months old. Colt has never been to the beach. Brooks took a little while to warm up to the sand and ocean but by the end of our time there he was making sand castles with Uncle Skip, playing in the water and riding on a John Deere sitting on the sand.

1 comment:

Amanda & Kerry Kindle said...

Your family is so beautiful! I can't believe how fast ur boys have grown. U know I still run so if u ever need anyone for a relay I would love to see ya. Xoxo