Thursday, April 10, 2008

I DON'T Like Peas...YUCK!


So, we had Brooks' 6 month check up at the beginning of the month. As it turned out, Brooks was not gaining weight like he should have been and he dropped from the 10% - 15% in weight to the 3%. Of course I felt like a horrible mom - starving my child - but he doesn't fuss so how was I to know. No, my kid is not on a diet! So, she told me to up his oatmeal intake and come back in a week to weigh in. And sure enough, he gained a pound over the week and was finally 14 lbs!

We also got the 'go ahead' to start on veggies!!! I was so excited to start him on real food. I have made all my own baby food including peas, green beans, broccoli, squash and cauliflower - it was so much fun and SO easy!

Well, we fed him peas and it didn't go over so well. He was gagging and very unhappy. However, since then we have tried green beans, avocado and broccoli and now he likes everything, including peas...YEAH!

No comments: