Friday, May 15, 2009

Broken Leg!

About two weeks ago, Brooks decided to climb onto a play horse upstairs in order to reach the pinball machine (something he does all the time). Unfortunately, this time he fell and hurt his leg. We took him to the ER that night but the x-ray didn't show anything. They put him in a splint and told us to go see an orthopedic.

Well, of course he started walking on it, limping pretty badly really, a couple of days later so I just assumed it was a twisted ankle. After I spoke to my pediatrician about it, he really felt like we needed to go see an orthopedic so I caved and took him in. Good thing I did because the new x-ray showed a fracture across the front and side part of his leg / shin! How bad did I feel then?!?

Brooks was great at the doctor's office. He watched intently while they put his blue cast on. The cast extends from his groin to the end of his toes. He has to wear it for 4 weeks before we go back in for a follow up.



It is no surprise that he is moving around like a champ, still stacking toys and climbing onto them! I guess we haven't learned our lesson yet :-) I still can't believe it took 19 months to get to the ER and to have his first cast. Hopefully this will be his last but something tells me that it won't be!!!



No comments: