Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Houston Marathon

I went to Houston with my running buddies, Monica & Julie, to see the 2012 Olympic Marathon trials and to run the 40th running of the Houston Marathon. The marathon trials were definitely the highlight of the trip! We stood just feet away from the best runners in the world (and now 2012 London Olympic Team) including Ryan Hall, Meb Keflezighi & Abdi Abdirahman for the men and Desiree Davila, Shalane Flanagan & Kara Goucher for the women. They are so incredibly fast and it was AMAZING!
As for the marathon, it was the 40th anniversary so the swag was pretty great. The race was good and I got a PR - YAY! I finally ran under 4 hours and finished in 3:57. The highlight was seeing George Bush Sr. and shook his had while he sat on the sidelines and watched!
Great trip and fun with my gal pals!

No comments: